Friday, October 3, 2008

Looking for a Job

So, with Dave working for Fannie Mae, and us wanting to get more serious about getting out of debt, we've decided I need to look for a job. Hopefully something part time, but beggers can't be choosers. (did I spell that right? It doesn't look right either way to me.) The kids are getting more self-sufficient so it would be a good time. They are excited about my going to work. (the little stinkers!)

I however, am conflicted. I've been home for about 8 years now, except the 1 year I took out to work at the Autism Center when Autumn went there. I couldn't remember the places I worked before the church office, or rather how to reach them. I worked for the church for 4 years before I left to stay home. So, it's been a while. I love being home. I love taking and picking up the kids daily. I like, being able to volunteer at school parties, and hearing about their day. (that is if I can get more out of them, than "Fine!") Even though the girls are more self-sufficient Savannah is entering that preteen phase. Intermediate school is filled with drama, and the transition is tricky. I don't want some one else to be the one she comes home to.

I know, I know! Other families do it all the time, and have for years. They are good strong families with well adjusted kids. I also know, that God will take care of my kids, but I want him to do it through me!

Besides, I don't have a lot of marketable skills anymore. Its been over 8yrs since I was a receptionist. Yea, I did wedding planning. Yea, I did some Doula stuff. Yea, I taught at the autism center, but none of those things are what employers are looking for. Besides, I don't exactly have a professional wardrobe anymore. I'm a big jeans/capri/t-shirt gal.

I just gotta keep praying for the perfect job. I'd love to work 9a-2p. Monday- Friday! I'd like to make decent money, enough to help pay off some bills. I'd like to wear jeans or casual slacks to work. I'd like alot. We'll see what God gives me!

No comments: