Thursday, October 30, 2008

Celebrate!


Autumn has had a semi-lose tooth for a little while, but she decided to really work it and get that tooth wiggling. Then, last week, she comes home and says, the tooth is ready, and she's going to just pull it. So, she heads to the bathroom, looks into the mirror grabs that tooth with the grip of death and pulls it right on out. She was so proud of herself. We had to take a picture of her holie (not holy, oh well you know!) mouth. So, she wants to celebrate, of course! Ice cream! We don't have an ice cream place here in Little Elm, in the strictest sense of the word. So, it's off to Sonic we go! Woo Hoo! Everday, after school now, it's "Mom, I got a green day, can we get ice cream from Sonic?" or "Mom, I finished my work in class can we go to Sonic?" Or "Mom, I wasn't tardy to school can we celebrate at Sonic?"


So, sometimes it gets me to thinking, if you look hard enough, you can always find something to celebrate! I can celebrate that my kids always get their homework done, even if it takes a little prodding. I can celebrate that we woke up to go to work another day. Some folks are out of work and struggling! I can celebrate that even though my kids are weird, (and they just didn't have a choice cuz look at their Momma! Zoinks!) they are smart and funny!


So tomorrow, when I get up and find that Athena has chewed up, yet another book that I won't be able to post on Paperbackswap, I can celebrate that it's another book I get to keep as a reread! WooHoo! Or when I see the mountain of laundry, I can celebrate that I get to wash/dry/fold in the comfort of my own home. I don't have to go to the laundrymat, or have a washer that's flooding my laundry room. (had to slip that one in for a friend who had that happen this week, Yikes!)


If you read this...post a comment below about what you can celebrate today! And maybe, just maybe you can get a cone from Sonic!

No comments: