Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Food Network

Ok, let the record show that I love the Food Network! I'm a huge fan of Iron Chef America, Throwdown with Bobby Flay, Paula Dean, Ace of Cakes, Dinner Impossible, all of it really!

I recently watched a Throwdown with Bobby Flay, and it was a Paella challenge. So now, I'm addicted to what I call an Inland Paella. Paella, for those of you who may not know, is a rice dish from Spain containing lots of great seafood, esp. shellfish of varying sorts. Yum!!

I'm not comfortable with cooking shellfish, and can't find it at my local grocer, so I subsitute chicken, shrimp, sausage, Chorizo when I can. It's all Yummy, and cooked in one skillet.
Love that!

Aaaanyway, my family will be happy for me to find a new, culinary obsession!
Hmmm...I do have a birthday cake on the horizon.....

No comments: