Friday, September 12, 2008

Deep Thoughts by Beth (not Jack Handy)

So, Yesterday, I went to the funeral for Larry Mason. It was incredible to see soooo many people there. People came from all over, to honor Larry and show support and love for his family. The auditorium was very nearly full. It was amazing to see people come who vowed they'd never cross the threshold again. It really shows what an impact Larry made.

Which makes me wonder. If it were me..(not in an "it's all about me" sort of way,) would the room be full? I ponder what sort of impact I've made in the lives of others. Would there be dozens of people who'd want to speak? What would they have to say? Would people be saying "I didn't know her very well but..."? What would they have to say about me? What am I known for? Better yet, who knows me? Who's life have I touched? Have I touched it, in a way that made it better? Who's better for having known me?

I say, we make sure we let people know what they mean to us. If someone has meant something to you, past-present-future, then let them know. ACTS 13:15 says " After the reading from the Law and the Prophets, the synagogue rulers sent word to them saying, "Brothers if you have a messge of encouragement for the people, please speak."" So, speak. Don't assume they know how you feel. Don't assume, they know how much you care. Speak!

1 comment:

Frogman15 said...

LiL sister,

I've enjoyed reading your thoughts and I especially loved the Journey song. Can't believe that was ever "naughty" music when we were kids LOL. Anyway, when you ask the question, what difference have I made, I think that is a question we all ask at some point in our lives. Unfortunately, we will really never know. The thing that we must remember is God will use us. He may use us in a way that gets zero attention, but that is the best. I am a believer in planting seeds, we all plant seeds and hopefully seeds that will bloom into great fruit someday. You have made a difference, don't doubt that. Few people really change the world, but we all are important to our family and friends and those we interact with and share a kind word or action. There are times these small acts of kindness and relationship building make the biggest difference. Keep the faith and God will bless you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.