Friday, February 7, 2014

Surf's Up!

So I was scrolling through Facebook this morning making sure I didn't miss some really important like someone's dusting of snow on the back patio furniture, or a picture of their corn flakes they had for breakfast.  When I came across this shared post.  I thought, to myself, "Why are 3 adults dragging this boy into the water?"  My first thought as someone who is not a strong swimmer, is they are using aversion therapy to teach him to swim. Take him to the water and throw him in. NO!

But it was not something like that at all. It was actually a beautiful story of a group of surfers trying to do what they can with their talents to help someone else.  To help someone who will never be able to repay them, or to benefit the surfer.
I have posted a link below to the story, and hope you check it out.  Please enjoy and remember that you don't have to find a cure for something to help someone.  Your individual contribution to any cause can be something seemingly small and insignificant.  Helping to bring a smile to someone's face!  Offering a kind word.  Doing something to build someone up!  We spend a lot of time in this world being torn down.  Let's do something to build someone up today!

http://www.faithit.com/surfers-healing-kids-with-autism/


Photobucket

No comments: