Thursday, July 30, 2009

Time Travel Thursday

Yea, I missed Time Travel Tuesday. But I've got a really great "Blast from the Past" to make up for it. So, here we go.
I was goofing around on YouTube the other day and thought to myself...."Self! There are no real variety shows on like when I was a kid.". So, I thought, I'd look for some to show the kids.
What a hoot!! I could have gone the Merv Griffin kinda route, but that was never what I was interested in. So, in the spirit of purple socks everywhere, I bring to you The Donny and Marie Show.
Oh Yea!!! I loved that show. I had the Donny and Marie barbies complete with purple socks. I still know some of the words to their iconic songs.

"I'm a little bit country/I'm a little bit rock and roll/ I'm a little bit of Memphis and Nashvile/I'm a little bit of Motown in my soul....."

C'mon, you know you want to sing along. I didn't remember however that there was a lot of ice skating going on....hmmm!

It was hard to find just the right clips, but I found some that were good. So, feather your hair and dig out the purple polyester. I bring you Donny and Marie Osmond.




1 comment:

Jennifer The Forgetful Faerie Queen said...

OH Beth!!
I used to love Donnie and Marie so much as a kid. My friend and I always played the Donnie and Marie show. We had the records and would sing and dance. LOL
What a blast from the PAST...
Wow makes me feel old now. LOL
Thank you though was fun to see.