Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'm a little bit country....

It's the fall! I love the fall. I even named one of my kids Autumn! I love football, and changing leaves, and for some reason....country music. Something about the fall makes me want to focus my melodic attention on country music. Don't get me wrong, I like country music year round, but other seasons often find me listening to many genres esp. 80's music. But the fall, makes me want to scoot my boots. I feel that nip in the air, and I want to roll down the window, crank the radio and sing at the top of my lungs. I wanna bob my head and tap the steering wheel and just let loose. I'm all about Keith Urban, and Rascall Flatts, and waxing nostalgic for Garth Brooks. (sigh!) I really dig Carrie Underwood, and Sugarland. I love the song "Our Song" I think it's Taylor Swift. " Our song is the slammin' screen door..." Love it. Oooh oooh! Patsy Cline! "I go a walkin'....After midnight....Out in the moonlight...Just hopin' you may be...Somewhere a walkin'....after midnight...searchin' for me!" Ahhh!

So in the spirit of fall and country music. Grap a loved one, crank the radio, and head to the front porch swing! Watch the lightning bugs, and sip your iced tea. Simple pleasures.

No comments: